Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
There is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the Erdington District as part of Birmingham Forward Steps to promote the value of breastfeeding and healthy eating for Infants. You will be based at one of the Children’s Centres’ in the district however need to demonstrate a flexibility to work across the district as required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading the implementation of the UNICEF Baby Friendly Accreditation, within the Children’s Centre reach area and work collaboratively with partner agencies to protect, support and promote breastfeeding.
- To implement the City Wide Strategy on breastfeeding, collecting and collating evidence towards audits.
- To recruit Breastfeeding Peer Support Volunteers and coordinate the effective implementation of the role.
- Communicating key messages in relation to attachment and bonding with their baby, providing support in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Providing support to women who are breastfeeding, encouraging the development of group support as required.
- To coordinate and deliver Ante Natal Education within districts in liaison with health professionals e.g. Midwives and Health Visitors. Applicants must hold a Level 3 qualification in the relevant sector.
Applicants must hold a level 3 qualification in the relevant sector.
A car driver and access to a car for work purposes is desirable. Please see the Job description and Person specification for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.
Spurgeons is a Living Wage Employer.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com if you wish to be considered for this vacancy.
Please note if you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date we are afraid that you have not been successful on this occasion.