Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Catering is an important part of the provision of the services to visitors to HMP Norwich, to the smooth running of the visit itself and to the wellbeing of offenders and their visitors, including children who are visiting. The catering element of the service is integral to the overall aim of providing a welcoming environment for all who visit residents of HMP Norwich.
The role of the Catering Worker is to:
- Facilitate a high-quality catering service to visiting families during prison visiting times, delivered from the canteen in the Visits Halls;
- Provide a friendly service to visiting families, feeding back any comments and suggestions to the Catering Supervisor/Family Services Manager;
- Work alongside residents of Britannia House, supervising their role in the delivery of the service;
- Accept deliveries of goods/stock, ensuring they are correct and of good quality at the point of delivery;
- Organise the rotation of stock to ensure food remains in date and to avoid wastage;
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard;
- Keep accurate stock takes;
- Use a till and cash up the takings at the end of every visiting session;
- Assist with banking duties, as and when required;
- Assist with the development of the service, as required;
- Be an effective and supportive team member within the wider Spurgeons team working at the Visitors Centre.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure, as well as security vetting from the HM Prison Service. The role involves working alongside serving residents who are currently residing at Britannia House, HMP Norwich. These residents have been risk assessed as suitable for open conditions and cleared by the Security Department to work in the Visits Halls.
Spurgeons is a Living Wage Employer.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com if you wish to be considered for this vacancy.
Please note if you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date we are afraid that you have not been successful on this occasion.