Together for Families
Our Together for Families workers are part of Spurgeons children's centre teams. Their work is different in each area but is always connected to church, faith or community groups who serve and care about children and families in their local area.
Due to Covid-19 some services we usually provide have been suspended but we are finding safe ways to stay in touch with and support families.
''My child sings and dances when it's time for stay and play, we love coming.'' -Parent
''It was important for me, meeting new mums at a time when I was feeling so unsure'' - Parent
''It is great to feel part of something bigger than one church and one group, to share ideas and to realise we're doing things well'' - Church partner
Spurgeons Together for Families services are focused on groups and activities which connect families with each other to provide practical, emotional and social support for both parents and children. We can also link families to more specialist services through our children's centre colleagues and community networks.
We share resources and experience with others in the community, to be able to respond together to what families are asking for, including:
- New Parent, New Baby - weekly sessions to meet other parents and find out more about your baby's early stages of development
- Baby Bundles - a 'bundle' of baby clothes and essentials for those with new-born babies
- Walk and Talk - either one-to-one or in small groups with parents, prams, buggies, babies and toddlers for fresh air, friendship and exercise
- Baby Massage - Up to four sessions to start parents off in this tried and trusted way to bond with baby
- Baby Play - time and space for parents and babies to play, learn and be together
- Stay and Play / Toddler Groups - learning through play, stories, singing and socialising, building confidence
- Family and community events - cooking and eating together, neighbourhood trails, outdoor activities and fun
We support churches to develop their existing groups or get new things off the ground and can provide guidance for group leaders and training for volunteers.
Where we work
Spurgeons Together for Families workers for each area can be contacted by e-mail:
In 2021 we expect to expand these services further in Birmingham and also to the Elmbridge area of Surrey.
News and Blogs
Read the latest news and blogs from Spurgeons
Hope for Every Child
Your gift can make a difference