Join Spurgeons Together for Families for a host of fun and games across Northamptonshire.
Local families in East Northants can take part in a number of free stay and play activity sessions this summer thanks to Spurgeons Children’s Charity.
The sessions provide local families an interactive way to entertain their children over the school holidays, as well as meeting new people and supporting children to learn new skills.
There are a series of activities taking place in the local area. Upcoming sessions include:
- Wellingborough – 18th August – Outdoor Explorers session at St. Marks Church
- Titchmarsh – 20th August – Outdoor Explorers at the Parish Church
- Easton on The Hill – 21st August – Play sessions at the village cricket club
- Raunds – 23rd August – ‘A Whale of a Time’ at Raunds Methodist Church – a free activity session with lunch included
- Greenbelt – Boughton House, Kettering from 24th -27th August. Together for Families will be joining forces with the children’s team at the festival to offer activities for 0-5’s and their families. The fun includes sensory play, story time, singing and outdoor explorers.
Rachael Newman, Spurgeons’ Together for Families project worker, says: “These sessions are a great way for local families to meet people from their community as well as supporting children in developing personal, social and emotional skills. They are really informal and everyone is welcome. The more the merrier!
“Spurgeons has been supporting children and families in Northampton since 2011 and recognises the need for extra support for families during the summer weeks. The cost of day outs can often be prohibitive so we’ve teamed up with several local churches and national organisations to provide a number of free activities for all the family.”
Together for Families aims to link local projects working with children under five to churches who are working with, or wanting to work with children and families locally. Funded by the Diocese of Peterborough, the initiative established by Spurgeons works across Peterborough and East Northants, providing support for existing Stay and Play groups, extra parenting sessions and activities, as well as child development and safeguarding training for volunteers.
Find out more about the sessions by calling Rachael Newman on 07970 233343 or email email@example.com