We are passionate about the work we do and have a team of equally committed colleagues helping us to make a difference in the lives of children, young people, their families, and communities every day.
Working with Spurgeons allows you to make a real difference in the lives of many young people, and gain a host of other benefits too.
All our employees bring something unique to Spurgeons and we value their contribution.
- people reached digitally
- of children say they made progress when being supported by our services
- of service users in 2022-23 would recommend us to friends and family
- of families make progress across their lives when working alongside us and
- of children have made headway with their feelings and behaviour
- two-year-olds were seen in Birmingham completing their early years review; this is more than 92% of two-year-olds in our Birmingham communities.
- We are currently working intensively with 220 prisoners to improve relationships with their families and children
- were safeguarded and kept safe from domestic abuse, neglect and the effects of poor mental health
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Continuous professional development
- Flexible working and work-life balance
- Enhanced sick pay allowance
- Generous family leave
- Regular supervision and appraisal
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Equality and diversity commitment
- Charity discount schemes
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous special leave allowance
A Day in the Life of Debbie – Children’s Counsellor
Young Carers: A perspective from Angie Jones – Young Carers Service Lead
A day in the life of Regine – Family Centre Support Worker